Thursday, July 11, 2013

Birthday Boy......or should I say Birthday Man?

Today is my son's 17th birthday. 17th.  I can't believe it.  Last year when he turned 16 - it felt like he should have already been 16. He has been able to drive every tractor we own for a long time and waiting for his 16th birthday to arrive seemed like it took forever. Once he got his license he could finally go run errands and help out with the Yesteryear Acres work more than ever so the 16th birthday was great. The 17th birthday however seems old!  I am not ready for him to be 17.  17 is just one year away from 18 and 18 means he will be leaving soon!  I am DEFINITELY not ready for him to leave home. My son has aspirations to attend the West Point Academy or the Naval Academy and I know his days here are running short.  I know one thing - we will miss him!  My son wakes up super early each morning and helps out with all the chores before school starts.  He comes home from school and works here some more.  He is often the last one to come in at night.  During the summer he works from sun up until way past sunset.  He never takes a day off.  Even today.  Even on his birthday.  Even with all his relatives telling him he should relax today.  Instead he helped work all day.  We are hoping to celebrate his birthday and Mr. Yesteryear Acres birthday sometime next week.  Maybe they will even be able to take a few hours off to go fishing!  They deserve it more than anyone else I know.  My hard working men. I love them so!  Happy Birthday son. You are no longer the birthday boy - you are most definitely the birthday man!  Thanks for all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!