Sunday, July 14, 2013

Man Breakfast

This morning I finally had time to make the birthday boys their man breakfast. The birthday boys got up at the crack of dawn to go fishing on our pond and as soon as they walked out the door, I got busy making them their feast. First on the stove was the stone ground grits.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres absolutely loves grits so that was his special request for the morning. Once the grits were simmering, I got busy grating all the potatoes and then went to the garden to snip some fresh chives.  My son LOVES grated potato pancakes so I had to make a ton. Thankfully we have a big warming drawer so as each potato pancake came off the griddle, it went right into the drawer to stay nice and hot and crisp.  No man breakfast is complete without bacon so of course I cooked up a few slabs of pepper bacon to complete the feast. The house smelled delicious and it didn't take much persuading to get the birthday boys to leave the pond.  Eggs cooked to order and voila!  Man Breakfast! The only thing I didn't get done were biscuits for Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  He wanted homemade buttermilk biscuits but we were out of buttermilk!  He wasn't too sad though - he said I can make them next time.......like maybe tomorrow.  Both Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son reminded me that they BOTH had birthdays so TWO breakfasts are better than one!  Looks like round two of man breakfast will be coming up soon. I guess I better get some buttermilk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!