Friday, August 12, 2011

2 Year Survival Date

I very nearly died 2 years ago to this very day when I suffered a heart attack. I had been thinking about the fact that my 2 year survival anniversary/remembrance day was coming up but this morning when I woke up - I totally forgot it was today. In fact my phone alarm went off this morning indicating that I had something on my calendar and I couldn't imagine what it could be. It was just a regular old morning to me. When I finally looked at the reminder I thought, "oh yea - that is today".  So what did we do to celebrate my 2 year survival day? We had a regular, good ole, glad to be alive, life is special, run of the mill, ordinary day. I love those.  I love being with my family. I love being at my home. I love being with my doggies and puppies.  I love being.  My morning started with a nice 4.25 mile walk in a cloudless brilliant blue sky with a cool crisp breeze. I thanked the color blue for all her beauty. Then we got busy picking peaches and picked 3 bushels full. Most of the really good big juicy ones were up high so I was very grateful that my son was with me.  Despite the fact he is just 15 years old - he is already almost 6' 4" so he really makes an awesome peach picker. I stood in the orchard with the bushel basket on my head while he filled it up.  I have to say - it was easy picking.  The peaches were a beautiful deep dark apricot color and perfectly ripe. I thanked the orchard for all her deliciousness.  After the peaches were all picked we spent a couple of hours playing with the puppies outside.  They loved the beautiful summer day.  It was the kind of day that wasn't too hot and wasn't too cold. It was just right.  I thanked Mother Nature for her beautiful gift of a perfect weather day. Tonight we are having a big campfire dinner. I mean BIG. We are making homemade pasta from scratch. We have big red ripe tomatoes stuffed and baking in the oven. Fresh Asparagus. Hollandaise Sauce. And let's not forget Mr. Yesteryear Acres specialty - steak campfire style.  We also are making several batches of homemade ice cream.  Right now our Vanilla Pistachio Rocky Road is churning away. I can't wait for that one!  The next batch will be our famous Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chunk. mmmmmm!  Of course we will have to top it all off with Fresh Peach Ice Cream. All of this wonderfulness is typical of life here at Yesteryear Acres. It happens on any given day - even 2 year survival days. That is what I love most about my life. Every day is a day to treasure.  Every day is a day to be grateful. Every day I am filled with love. When Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I were adding more salt and ice to our ice cream maker he stopped and held my hand. He gave it a squeeze and with teary eyes looked at me and said, "I am glad you are here". I squeezed back and said, "me too."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!