Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Birthdaytastic!

Well here I am another year older and another year happier. I woke up this morning to find a sweet birthday card on the bed that Mr. Yesteryear Acres left for me. It was an excellent start to the day. Mr. Yesteryear Acres got up early and took our son to his first day of high school while I got to sleep in all the way until 8am. It was heaven. Of course a hot steaming perfect cup of coffee was waiting for me as soon as I came downstairs.  Birthday Fantastic! I can't tell you how many times I have smiled from ear-to-ear today. I had so many facebook happy birthday wishes! They made my day!!!! Thank you!!!! Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son made an awesome birthday present - a table for our dock. He put it out first thing this morning. See how perfect of a birthday this is?
It just says......"Sit...and Read....and Relax....and Enjoy!"
So I did!  I read for 2 solid hours!  Ahhhhhh birthdaytastic!
And to make my birthday complete - Mr. Yesteryear Acres made the most delicious dinner. It was birthdaylicious!  And my son baked me a birthday cake!!!!!  I had just assumed I would go without a homemade birthday cake because both of my daughters are gone and they are usually the ones to bake me a cake. My son surprised me and baked my favorite cake for me! Swiss Chocolate Cake with double chocolate frosting. MMMMMM!
I thought the day was pretty perfect.  Then Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son took me out boating for a birthday sunset!
It was a beautiful evening. Mother Nature put on a brilliant display for me.
Mr. Yesteryear Acres is so thoughtful.  He makes the very best birthdays!
My son and Olive enjoyed the sunset as well.
We stayed out on the lake and watched the sun sizzle right into the water.
Then my son, the Captain, took us back to the dock.
It was a perfect birthday!!!!!
I smiled all the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!