Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kindness

One of the things I try to do each and every day of my life is to treat people with kindness. I say please and thank you. I thank the cashier at the grocery store. I thank our mail carrier. I wish people happiness, have a nice day, hope your day gets better  - or any number of other good wishes.  I try never to burden other people with my problems and greet everyone I meet with a smile and a happy outlook. To this very day (after 24 years of being happily married) my husband, Mr. Yesteryear Acres, says one of the things he loves very best about me is my smile. He says I can light up a room and he always feels happy around me.  I think the world is a hard enough place without being grumpy and blue towards others.  I also work very hard to treat people with respect and always give the other person the benefit of the doubt. It is easy to misunderstand someone else's intentions so I try to be forgiving if there is something that just isn't clear. I really love to be surrounded by people that are also optimistic and happy.  A smile goes a long way.  People who are grateful for every day are my kind of people.  I look for things to be grateful for each and every day.  Even the hard days.  A grateful happy life - is a life well lived. These qualities: happiness, gratefulness, thoughtfulness, doing onto others as you would like done onto you - these are the type of qualities I love in the families that bring home our puppies. Our puppies are used to LOTS and LOTS of love.  We don't leave them alone.  We are here all the time with them.  The longest period of time they ever go without someone here is 2 hours and even that is a very rare occasion.  Even last night on my birthday - we were gone for exactly 2 hours.  We would have loved to celebrate longer. We would have loved to have watched the stars come out. We would have loved to relax and spend the evening together out on the water but we have puppies. Puppies that need us. Puppies that love us.  So we were prompt in our celebration and came back to find happy puppies waiting for us. We live our life by the golden rule and hope that our puppies live with families that also feel the same way.  I am blessed to have SO many super nice, friendly, awesome, terrific, amazing, grateful, happy, thoughtful, giving, warm and loving puppy families in my life.  I thank you for all your kindness.  Happy Puppy Families = Happy Yesteryear Acres Puppies!

1 comment:

  1. This seems like a great time to write and tell you how much HAPPINESS our double doodle Riley has brought into our home. She is 17 weeks old now and is a complete love muffin. She is being "parented" by our 9 year old Silky Terrier and they do make such a cute yet awkwardly sized pair, lol.

    Just tonight as my hubby was demonstrating again, how breathtakingly smart Riley is - she can "sit" and "shake" and does so simultaneously at times, I am reminded that bringing Riley into our family was one of the best decisions we've ever made. The college kids here were home for the summer and they have dreaded leaving this week - so hard to leave Riley behind. Potty training is complete - accident free for 10 days.

    After a year filled with the loss of two parents and a father declining with Alzheimer's, our family needed the sheer joy and HAPPINESS that Riley brings. It is good to have mirth, merrymaking, and a double doodle to make our house so joyful! Thanks for putting so much TLC into her puppy days.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!