Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Apple of My Eye

Today's mission....PICK APPLES.  I have never been so late in the season getting my apples in.  I mean it is almost October and I have yet to get my apples picked.  We have been so busy that the apple picking has been pushed to the end of the list week after week. Well not today!  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I started the day early so we could make time to fit in apple picking.  I usually go with the kids and we get the apples picked but since we didn't get that done in time, Mr. Yesteryear Acres said he would come help.  He hasn't gone for years so he was actually pretty excited about our day. We arrived at the orchard by 10:00am and got busy.  The orchard was pretty picked over but we had expected that given the late date. In just glancing from the outside, every tree looked picked bare but once we got in between all the branches and stooped way down low and used the picker for the apples way up high, we were able to easily accomplish our mission. We ended up picking one bushel of Granny Smith Apples and 3 bushels of Melrose Apples and were quite pleased.  Once we got back home we had to work double time but it was all worth it.  This afternoon I got a text from Mr. Yesteryear Acres. He said, "You are the Apple of My Eye." Awwwwww. I think I will bring him with me when I pick apples next fall. He is a very good apple date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!