Sunday, September 18, 2011

We are Home Already?

I ended up leaving Annapolis a lot later than I planned.... it really is so hard to say goodbye.  Even with the extra time together, it was really tough driving away.  I don't think I will ever get used to that.  I know that it is an inevitability - but it never gets easier. Every time I have to say goodbye, I have to choke back the tears.   Once my mom and I were on the road - the time really flew.  It is a long drive home but we talked non-stop and the miles just kept flying by. We talked about our weekend.  We talked about the next time we take a road trip.  We talked about our ultimate dream vacation. We talked about what is the best way to travel, where we would like to go in the world, values, morals, integrity, world politics - the works.  It was a lot of fun.  Despite the fact we drank a TON of water - we made it home with only 2 stops.  That is pretty good! In fact when we only had 5 minutes remaining we both said, "We are home Already???"  7 hours of driving and we didn't feel a single minute of it.  Now that is a great travel partnership!!!!!!!  Thanks for the road trip Mom!!!!! That was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!