Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Hard Part

I have been busy since the second my feet hit the floor this morning. I had way too many things to do and not enough hours to get it all done. Was that the hard part of my day? Nope.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres picked some tomatillos from our garden and I made a delicious Tomatillo and Avocado dip.  It is scrumptious.  You have to husk the tomatillos and boil them and then you blend them with olive oil and garlic and make a wonderful dip with fresh Avocado. Was that the hard part of my day? Nope.  I finally made this recipe for Snickers Cookies that was given to me by a dear puppy family.  You make this yummy cookie dough and then take mini snickers bars and wrap the dough around each individual mini snickers bar and then bake them.  When I say YUM - believe me - it is an understatement.  Was that the hard part? Nope.  I put together puppy packages, gathered blankets, did the laundry, washed the dishes, cleaned the puppy area.....again not the hard part of my day.  I made fresh from scratch homemade rolls - a double batch - and the whole house smells absolutely delicious.  So easy! Not hard!  I went grocery shopping and picked up things for my mom, my son, my daughter, my husband - again simple.  I took my son to cross country practice, picked him up, took him to the varsity girls volleyball game, picked him up. Not a problem. I made buttermilk pork chops, slow roasted cabbage - fresh picked from the garden, and scalloped potatoes for dinner.  You would think that MIGHT be the hard part of the day - but you would be wrong.  I packed my suitcase, gathered up all the things on my daughter's list, picked out some movies, got the cords together for the DVD player so I could hook it up in the hotel room, backed up my computer, charged my electronics, went through the mail.......all in a day's work. Not hard.  So what was the hard part of the day????????? Oh - well I believe it was when my son walked in and said, "OH WOW COOKIES! OH WOW HOMEMADE ROLLS!  OH WOW GUMMY BEARS!" and then I said - they are for your sister. At that moment...... THAT look......yes.....that was the hard part of the day. I am sure you can imagine. It looks like this mom has more baking to do when she returns from the Naval Academy.  I am afraid that look will remain on his face until I make amends. He gave me some suggestions - More homemade rolls, more snicker bar cookies, golden graham smores, puppy chow and I could make some fresh squeezed lemonade and maybe some homemade ice cream. Gee - he is SO helpful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!