Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sunset.....Moon Rise

I can think of no better way to end a day than to walk outside and take the time to appreciate a beautiful sunset.  Let's face it - every single day - without fail - the sun sets and despite this amazing fact, very few times in one week will people walk outside their doors to go "ooooh" and "ahhhhh" over the beautiful  masterpiece of nature. I, too, am guilty of letting the sunset way too many times without giving it the appreciation it deserves. Some things are worth taking a break for.  Sometimes life is best appreciated in the little moments. The quiet beauty of a sunset shared with the people you love can breathe life right back into your soul. I feel like it can push the "reset" button and make things all feel right again. Tonight Mr. Yesteryear Acres, my son and I took time to enjoy the setting sun.

It was a brilliant display. The clouds gathered right before the sun started to sink into the horizon.

We thought the show was over when the sun appeared right below the clouds once more

The swallows were swooping up the bugs and soaring through the red glow of the sky

We got one last peek before it disappeared for the evening. We admired the brilliant pink and purple sky and before we knew it a huge orange moon slowly started to rise.  I tried really hard to get some decent pictures but it was too dark for my camera to really capture the beauty.

If you look really closely you can see 3 moons LOL!  My shutter was VERY SLOW motion.
Evidently, my picture taking talent lies with puppies and setting suns!
I tried one last time and managed to get just a small glimmer of the moon. Even though the pictures can't capture the magnificence of the orange moon - it was really a sight to see. It was a perfect evening to say thank you to the sunset and thank you again for the moon rise. Thank you Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!