Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beware the Ides of March

My goodness did we have the most torrential storm roll through here last night!  After the loveliest of days we had the stormiest of nights. It just poured and poured all night long, complete with thunder and lightning that kept us all up.  At first I thought Mr. Yesteryear Acres was playing with flashlights in our room. I woke up and started to yell, "WHAT are you doing with those FLASHLIGHTS?!?" when I realized that it was in fact a violent electric lightning storm and not Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  When the morning came - everything was under water.  Local schools were closed because of all the flooding and several roads are completely under water. Many families had to be rescued from their homes by boat. I feel like we are living in some nightmarish weather pattern where we never know what to expect.  Yesterday's forecast called for a possibility of showers. I will now live in fear of a forecast that calls for torrential downpours! Or perhaps that is the day I will plan an outdoor picnic because surely if the forecast has me preparing for the worst, that will be a blissful perfect day for lounging outdoors.  Beware the Ides of March. Tonight's forecast.....isolated thunderstorms.  Translation: it will rain on top of your house for 10 hours straight, flooding everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!