Thursday, March 22, 2012

Closet Change

I guess it is time to admit that thick heavy sweaters, gloves, mittens, scarves, etc. are no longer appropriate clothing items for this time of year. Today will be the 3rd day in a row we have had temperatures over 80*.  It is flat out SUMMER outside! I just about MELTED last night while trying to sleep. It is HOT in my house!!!! This morning, I went to my closet to find something to wear and all I could say was, "no, no, nope, nuh uh, no way, won't work, nope, nada, no and zilch.  I couldn't bear wearing the same T-shirt again so I had to face reality.  Time to switch my closet!  I don't have enough room to hold both my winter and summer clothes so I have to do the big job of switching all the clothes 2x a year.  I started arduous task by finding my summer clothes.  Right there - that is half the battle!  Each year I label the clothing storage bags  ever so carefully and then up to the attic they go.  By the time the next clothing season rolls along...who knows where my carefully placed bags go!  Santa Claus, Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, pool floats, life jackets, snorkel gear - anything and everything is up in the attic and my clothes end up getting pushed aside into the dark abyss. It is a hot and miserable job just to get to my clothes!  Once I had that accomplished, I looked at all the work that lay before me and thought, "well done you!" I gave myself an A+ for getting down my summer clothes and decided to wait for a cooler day to do all the bagging and switching.  I mean it is miserably hot upstairs! I figured I can tackle that job a little later. Now that I have made a definitive commitment to work on my drawers and closet and put away all my winter clothes.......be ready for the coldest weather week EVER. I am predicting a freak snowstorm/blizzard the moment my winter coat is placed in the attic. If a snowstorm heads your way - you will know - in that precise moment.... I have just put the last of my winter clothes away for the summer! Be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!