Saturday, March 10, 2012

Denial Doesn't Work

Spring High School Track Season is here.  I am sure there are people with fond memories of track season.  The joys of the hurdles.  The delight of the pole vaulting. The wonders of the discus.  Such joy. Such fun. I have been in a slight state of denial as to the track season actually starting. It isn't that I don't enjoy track season - it is just WHY oh WHY do the meets have to last ALL DAY LONG? Why oh why does the weather have to be either below freezing with hail or blistering hot with heat stroke? Why oh why does track practice after school last 3 hours when they say it will be a short day and then 1 hour when it is supposed to be a long day? Yesterday my son was supposed to have a super short track practice.  I drove to his school, exactly one hour after practice started, and then sat in my car...for another 45 minutes...waiting...and waiting. UGH.  If I get there on time - they are late.  If I get there late - they get out early. I think I need to turn my car into a very comfortable living room or sleeping nap room or office room. It looks like I will be spending a lot of time sitting in my car, staring at the doors to the high school, willing my son to walk out of the doors and to the car.  This morning we had to be at the high school by 7:15am so my son could get on the bus for the track meet. We were outside scraping the ice off the windshield of the car as the sun came up. I guess to be fair when I say, "WE" were scraping the ice...what I really mean to say is "my son" was scraping the ice while I sat inside the frozen car propping up my eyelids and trying to look semi-awake.  Yes, denial doesn't work.  The running season is upon us.  Looks like I need to get in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!