Friday, September 26, 2014

But It's Hers

Every Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter, I have to switch my closet's wardrobe for the appropriate weather change.  I have a really small closet space and not much drawer space so I can only fit warm weather clothes or cold weather clothes - not both.  Today I started the changing of the closet task. Of course when I marked this to-do task on my calendar 2 weeks ago it was cold and dreary.  Today it is 80* and sunny.  I appreciate the summer weather wanting to hold on but I still started my project despite the loveliness outside.  Normally I have to box up all my clothes to store them until the weather changes once again.  It is an arduous task and requires heavy lifting and toting my boxes one by one up the attic stairs. Today, I had a thought, "What if I put my summer dresses and clothes into my older daughter's closet?" At first I was besieged by guilt.  I can't do that.... it is her closet. I felt like an intruder.  How could I use my sweet daughter's EMPTY closet????  I realize that she has not lived here for six years but she lives here in my heart and her room is her room. I told my daughter that I was thinking of using her closet. This was her response:

How about I offer it to you........ hey mom why don't you use my closet I never use? And then when I come home..... I keep stealing all your clothes!!?!! :)
Since my older daughter does in fact always steal my clothes whenever she comes home, this sounded like a good deal to me.  I quickly and easily moved all my summer dresses into my daughter's closet.  It took me no time at all to finish switching all my clothes and I didn't even break a sweat. My older daughter is really glad I did it too.  She says, "Now I don't even have to leave my room to go shopping! Thanks Mom!"  Oh noooooo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!