Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Don't Forget Your Sunscreen!

When I was younger, I spent countless summer days completely miserable as I was almost always covered in sun poisoning. I used to have blisters everywhere and the pain and itching was just unbearable.  I remember so many sleepless nights wishing I didn't have to go back outside the next day just to get burned all over again. It was awful to go out every day in the hot summer rays when it was clear, my skin was begging for shade. Thankfully there have been many advances in sunscreen protection since I was little and my children were always protected from the sun's harmful rays.  Because my skin was so tortured, I have to make regular trips to the dermatologist to check for skin cancer. I had my long overdue skin cancer exam today and as expected, I had a few moles excised plus I had some "funky looking" areas frozen. I will get the pathology results in a week or so but my doctor said once again, she got everything in the very early stages of concern so all should be well.  I have to increase my skin cancer checks to once every 6 months, but overall, I got a pretty good check up. Once again, a friendly reminder to stay current on your medical check ups and.....Don't Forget Your Sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!