Thursday, September 18, 2014

Chicago Bound

This morning I pulled out of the driveway before the sun was up.  My SUV is still in the body repair shop so I was super lucky that my mom let me borrow her car for my trip.  It is time for the Annual Labradoodle Breeder Conference and this year it is being held in Chicago. I thought my drive time would be much shorter than it actually was.  I had to do things like pay for tolls at toll booths and fight never-ending traffic.  I was reminded once again how very grateful I am that I don't have to drive to get to work every day!  I never have to fight rush hour traffic.  I never have to be stuck in wall to wall traffic to get to my work. I love being able to wake up each morning and not have to hit the road.  I was really amazed by the sheer number of people driving at 2pm in the afternoon.  Where were they all going? How could THAT many people need to get some place at the exact same time?  I watched many subway trains go by and marveled at the mass of people waiting at the stations.  Living out in the country makes it easy to forget just how crowded city life can be.  I was so glad when I finally made it to my hotel room.  Driving a different car than what I am used to combined with heavy traffic made for a very long day.  Tomorrow morning the Breeder Conference meetings begin. I am ready to learn! Chicago...I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!