Saturday, May 31, 2014

5am Departure

This morning I was up and out the door at 5:00am.  My son had an early morning flight as this is the big week!  He is off to the Naval Academy Summer Seminar. We finished getting all his stuff packed last night and had a big send off  last home cooked meal for him.  We made sure to have all his favorites.  Oven Fried Chicken....Check! Twice-Baked Potatoes....Check! Fresh Sweet Corn...Check!  I even made a Rhubarb Crisp for dessert. I was lucky to have some fresh picked rhubarb just begging to be made into something delicious.  I made sure my son had his fill because after all - he is a growing boy.  I hope this week at the Naval Academy will be a good one.  He has been looking forward to this week for a really long time.  I won't hear from him again for a week but I know he is in good hands.  Good luck my dear son!  I already miss you! Go Navy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!