Sunday, May 4, 2014

In Search Of

This morning Mr. Yesteryear Acres had to replace part of our kitchen faucet. Of course he is the handiest man around and had the whole thing replaced and working in no time. In fact he had the whole project completed before I even got out of bed this morning.  I mean I was up by 8:00am - so don't think I gave him loads of time or something. He is just that good.  In replacing the faucet, at one point he used his favorite accessory - his Gerber Multifunctional tool thing that he always wears in a pouch on his belt.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres would not even consider himself dressed in the morning without his multi-tool spring loaded essential adjustable industrial strength do-it-all utilitarian whatchamacalit. He is never without it.  By the time I came down for my cup of coffee - Mr. Yesteryear Acres was in full mourning as he misplaced his multi-tool.  We had to tear the whole kitchen apart looking for it.  When my son came down, he too assisted in the search.  Multi-tool - MISSING!  We couldn't find it anywhere.  As the day progressed, the places we looked for the missing multi-tool became more and more ridiculous.
"Let's look by the pond!"
"Were you by the pond this morning when you lost your tool?"
"No."
"Soooooo????? We are looking there just in case your multi-tool walked a half of a mile and wanted to sit out on the dock?"
You get the picture.  The multi-tool was nowhere to be found. I think you could hear Taps being played inside Mr. Yesteryear Acres mind.  He was beyond sad.  His little multi-tool is his best friend.  I decided to make a nice Sunday dinner to help ease Mr. Yesteryear Acres pain and anguish and ultimate suffering.  I put a nice Sunday Chicken Roaster in the oven and made all the homemade fixings. When it was time to eat, Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son came in and as they were washing up for dinner, I reached for the potholders that hang by the side of our stove.  Man.  The one potholder felt heavy. I put my hand in the glove and LO and BEHOLD.....THE MULTI-TOOL! We have no idea how the tool fell out of Mr. Yesteryear Acres pouch and into the glove - but it did.  My son said, "Thank goodness you always make good homemade meals!  Imagine if we were the kind of family that ate out -we would have never found it!"  And so Mr. Yesteryear Acres and his beloved multi-tool have been reunited.... all was right with the world.

2 comments:

  1. Great story! I'm glad you found it but what a crazy place for it to land!

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!