Friday, May 2, 2014

Must try again

Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son went with me on my walk today.  Little did I know they came prepared for "the hunt".  Yes it is that time of the year where we search for the elusive morel mushroom.  You would think that with all our doodle doggie helpers, at least one of the doggies would have a super morel sniffing nose, but alas - none of our doggies are expert morel hunters.  They romp around the woods with glee but never ever find a single morel.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son are really good at it.  Last year my son found the biggest morel I have ever seen.  It was almost an entire meal all by itself.  Today we looked and looked and looked and the most interesting thing I saw during the entire walk was this
The trilliums are in bloom!  They are so pretty.  I saw lots of violets and spring flowers just starting to blossom but no morels. 
Guess we will just have to try again!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!