Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Family Dinners

Pretty much the best part of every day is our family dinner time.  Unless something extraordinary crops up, we have a sit-down, home-cooked family dinner each and every night. We take the time to really enjoy our meal and talk and laugh and appreciate each other's company.  It is a rare dinner that isn't filled with laughter.  At some point, I usually have tears running down my face from laughing so hard.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres can always bring a smile to my face, my daughter lights up the room with pure joy and my son is hysterically funny.  Our dinner times are not only delicious but they are filled with love and happiness. Tonight was another really fun dinner and as I sat there laughing, I thought about how lucky we were.  So lucky to enjoy each other's company.  So lucky to eat delicious meals.  So lucky to have the time to be together.  My smile got a little bigger as my grateful heart soaked in all the love in the room.  As we cleared our dinner dishes, not only was my tummy full, but my heart was full as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!