Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Life Loves the Liver

I was so saddened to read that Maya Angelou passed away today. Whenever I heard her speak or whenever I read her beautiful poetry, I felt that she embodied pure love and gratitude. Some of the words she spoke went straight to my heart and soul. I strive every day to be a person who lives by compassion and gratitude. Here are some of my favorite Maya Angelou quotes:

"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."
I love this. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone brought a little rainbow of happiness to share everywhere they went? I strive to be that rainbow.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
I always try to make people feel the happiness and gratitude that lies within me. I want them to feel that they matter.

"I work very hard, and I play very hard. I'm grateful for life. And I live it - I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it."
This is how I approach every day. I live it.  I love it and I am a liver. I am grateful for every sunrise and every sunset and all the minutes in between.

“I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” 
I have made mistakes in my life but it wasn't until I was a little older that I stopped beating myself up for past mistakes.  I embraced the fact that when those mistakes were made, it was the best that I knew how to do at that point in time. To me, what is the defining moment is not the mistake itself. We all make mistakes. We all have things that don't go right. The focus should never be on the mistake itself but what you do with the knowledge that comes from making a mistake. When you know better ----- do better. 

“In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours.
In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.”
This is totally how I feel about Mr. Yesteryear Acres. Every. Single. Day.

“If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be.” 
I have always believed that you should reach deep and be all that you can be. Find the passion that lights the fire in your life.  Find what makes you happy and then go do it. Don't worry what "normal" is.  Be you!

“Ain't nothin' to it, but to do it.” 
I can't tell you how many times this has been the motto of the day. There is no more wasted day than one spent complaining.  If I loathe doing a certain chore or task and complain the entire time I am doing it - where is the joy? The chore needs done regardless. Complaining doesn't make it get done any faster. I just put my head down and do it. Life is what you make of it. Just do it.

“Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. 
I think this one speaks for itself.  Be grateful. Feel your blessings.  Life loves the liver!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!