Saturday, May 10, 2014

Cookies and Classes

This morning I was up and out the door by 6am.  When I woke up, I looked out the window of my hotel room and it was not raining.  I saw this as a clear sign that I needed to get up and get a good long exercise walk in before the all day Goldendoodle Breeder Conference events began. My sweet sweet friend April made me homemade cookies and I already knew that I would be eating the entire batch while I sat through the seminars.  April knows me so well.  She knows I will happily sit through hours of classes as long as I have cookies by my side.  Since my day would definitely be sedentary AND full of cookies, the early morning walk was my only chance to combat my long day of learning AND cookie enjoyment.  The streets of Nashville were pretty empty at that hour.  The traffic lights were still on flashing mode and so I was able to walk at a good pace without stopping.  I saw the Ryman Auditorium and the Country Music Hall of Fame.  I walked by the Johnny Cash Museum and down to the river.  I saw lots of cowboy boot stores and honky tonk bars.  I couldn’t believe how many people were working in the bars at that hour.  It looked like the bars didn’t close all that long ago and the big clean up crews were all in full force.  Sweeping and hosing down the bar floors were going on up and down Broadway street. It was a nice quiet look at what I assumed would be a mecca of activity each evening.  I made it back to the hotel just in time as the skies opened up and it started to pour.  I felt grateful to have been able to see a small part of downtown Nashville and was glad I got up early.  Today’s lectures will be on Maternal Antibodies, Vaccination Protocols, Pediatric Puppy Care, and Preventing Parasites in your doggies and much more.  I look forward to learning even more ways to care for our sweet doodle puppies AND of course – I look forward to April’s cookies. Sounds like a perfect day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!