Tuesday, August 3, 2021

24 Hours

The Ups and Downs of Life can happen so quickly. The afternoon before - my son and I were having the very best time.  We were out riding bikes and we felt like kids again laughing at the end of a beautiful day. 
24 hours later, I got the call that no mom wants to hear, "Mom I've been in a car accident".  My son is okay - but yesterday proved to be a terrifying day for us all. My son's van was t-boned and the impact was so hard, his van flipped over. He spent the majority of the afternoon and evening in the ER. There were a few hours there where the radiologists were not sure whether or not my son's neck was broken. He was released late last night rather sore and very bruised, but thankfully, his neck is okay. While I awaited the updates on his condition, I found myself looking at these two photographs we took just the day before:
I kept thinking how can this happy face, that I just saw yesterday, be in so much danger just 24 hours later?  The Ups and Downs of Life - they happen so quickly.  Never take any day for granted. You just never know what tomorrow will bring.  Thank you to the paramedics, the police department, especially the close friends of Austin's that helped him at the scene of the accident, the medical team and my family for all pitching in yesterday. 
Words can never express my gratitude and thankfulness.
Tonight my son is safe at home sleeping in his bed.
Thank you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!