Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Sometimes Mornings are just.....

This morning was just one of those mornings. I awoke to the sound of chewing.  It sounded like a cardboard box being chewed and when I sat up and looked around - that is exactly what was happening.  Evidently Hickory was bored and thought it would be super fun to start chewing on one of my shoe boxes. As I leapt out of bed to stop Hickory - I came mere centimeters from stepping in....dog poop.  I don't even know how this is possible, but somehow our 5lb poodle got out of our bed unharmed and enjoyed a nice morning poop on our bedroom floor. After I cleaned the floor,  I walked downstairs to let the dogs out and I was greeted by MY POOR LILAC TREE ON THE GROUND.  Last night's storm took out my tree.
My Lilac tree!  I am so sad!!!!  I love my lilac tree. I love the smell of lilacs blooming.  I love the purple flowers.  I love everything about my lilac tree.  I went back in the kitchen to tell Mr. Yesteryear Acres the sad news when the coffee grinder stopped working.  What kind of morning is this? I will tell you - a chewy, poopy, dead lilac, no coffee kind of morning. Let's hope tomorrow morning is MUCH better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!