Friday, June 28, 2019

A Peach of A Summer Sandwich

Mr. Yesteryear Acres has been diligently landscaping and trimming and raking and mowing. He has been working every night until dark and we have been eating dinner quite late.  Last night he wondered
"What's for dinner?"
I didn't have the heart to tell him that I had not made dinner yet and I didn't even know what I was going to make.  It was time to come up with something fast and easy! 
Let's see.  We have fresh picked peaches...... 
Time to make a creative summer sandwich! 
I made a fresh loaf of buttermilk bread earlier that day.  I spread winter white honey on one piece and a french whole grain mustard on the other. I layered some thinly sliced genoa hard salami and gouda cheese and topped it with fresh sliced peaches.  
A Peach of a Summer Sandwich! 
I have to say ... DELICIOUS! 
This will go down as a new summer favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!