Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Iron Chef

 I have a new title I have to live up to ... the title of Iron Chef! Mr. Yesteryear Acres surprised us with an extra large cast iron griddle for Christmas.  At first I thought it was something that only he would enjoy but it turns out that I love cooking outside on the griddle! All the mess is outside!  I have been wearing my winter coveralls and doing outdoor griddle cooking almost every night.  I am not quite worthy of the title of Iron Chef but I am definitely working on it!!!! A sampling of my creations so far...
Fresh Tortillas are so easy and FAST to cook on the griddle. I can make 8 tortillas in the same amount of time it takes to cook just one tortilla inside.
Potstickers and Cauliflower Rice.  Was delicious and FAST!!!!
Of course I had to try a Sunday morning brunch!
Griddle biscuits, hash browns and smoked sausage.  The eggs cooked so quickly I couldn't take a picture fast enough!
Fried Chicken Tenderloins, Texas Toast and Fresh Asparagus
Banana Blueberry Pancakes.
Just one griddle and everyone was fed at once!
This was the beginning stage of the best fried rice I have ever made in my life.  I couldn't even believe how authentically good it was!
A present from my daughter. Now I have a tray to carry everything outside!
I shall continue to earn my title!
Tonight's menu ...
Diced Butternut Squash with Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds, Pecans and Cranberries over Pasta.
Iron Chef, at your service.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!