Thursday, December 8, 2016

Worth Getting Up

Mr. Yesteryear Acres is an early riser.  I don't get it.  Why get out of bed before the sun????  Clearly the sun should always go first then after a reasonable amount of time has passed, the morning wake-up may commence.  Well this morning, NOT bright but oh so early, Mr. Yesteryear Acres was awake.  I started my usual routine of rolling over with the covers over my head when Mr. Yesteryear Acres said if I were to get up, we could start building one of our Christmas decorations. He said it in such an irresistible, "Christmas is Coming" kind of way that I actually got out of bed before the sun.  Hopefully Mr. Yesteryear Acres will not read the following statement: "It was worth getting up"  There I said it.  We had the nicest most leisurely morning.  We finished our first Christmas decoration and tomorrow morning......we might work on our second one! Morning coffee, quiet time and a little Christmas project - it was perfect!
Our little Santa Snowglobe 
with a secret Christmas door!
Now to start building more additions for our winter village.....but maybe just slightly later than this morning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!