Sunday, May 1, 2016

Sad Heart

Tonight I ran out to the store to pick up some milk, eggs and flour and a few other things that we really needed like more rice and beef and chicken for the mommy dogs.  I wasn't gone that long but when I came back home, Sugar was missing a puppy.  I counted 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9....9....9....9 and then I started panicking.  I couldn't find #10.  Sugar kept looking at me and when I finally moved her and got her up, there was number 10.  She had accidentally laid on top of him and I couldn't save him.  This is the hardest part about raising puppies and doggies.  When we lose one, it is so heartbreaking and it never gets easier. Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I both shed tears over Sugar's little boy.  Sugar was really sad too.  It took her a while to realize her puppy was gone.  Most of the time, I wait until the puppies are almost 2 weeks old before I make any birth announcements because these things happen and I like to contain the sadness here instead of making everyone else sad too.  We were so excited about the Spring babies and had so many people waiting for the new puppies to arrive, I posted the news right away.  I am sorry to share our loss of such a sweet puppy.  We all have sad hearts here tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!