Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Project Watermelon

If the roaring heat waves and stormy nights haven't given it away, it's officially summer! And when I think about summertime, I think of family campfires, picnics, and of course, watermelon!! Now being a weirdo myself, I don't particularly like eating the watermelon like the rest of my family does, but take out the seeds and the doodles LOVE the tasty fruity snack! This is everything I pictured when I saw these two bolts of fabric...
I HAD to have them. I NEED to sew all the summertime doodle things!

First I made two bowties, one tie, an ascot, and a matching scrunchie (for me, who doesn't want to match their doodles!?!) for Dad's birthday party. 
I might be slightly biased, but I do believe I have the dapperest doodles around!

Mr. Yesteryear Acres had the best idea for my next watermelon project, Doodle Dish Mats!! I quickly had to add them to my collection
I even made them reversible!

So no matter what summertime mood my doodles are in, they have a watermelon mat to match!

As you can see Ernie McDoodle is just so thrilled he can't even stand it!

I am thinking my boys will need watermelon bandanas next!!

Or maybe a picnic blanket??

Or both :)

(Another good reason to have an Agnes in my life am I right!? *Cough cough... stares at my parents with the best sad eyes I can*)

If anyone has any ideas they want to add to Project Watermelon, please share!! Let's sew all the things!

Always,

Amelia 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!