Friday, June 10, 2016

Something is wrong with this timeline

As I was working in the kitchen, a promo came on the TV for the new Ghostbusters movie.  It was then that I heard that it was the 32nd anniversary of the original movie.  Excuse me?  32 years ago I watched Ghostbusters for the first time?  That is impossible. It clearly was just a few years ago that I first saw the movie.  Maybe 5-10 years tops.  Obviously something is wrong with this timeline.  Once I convinced myself that an egregious accounting error was made, I happily went about my day.  Later that evening I asked Bri if she ever saw the movie Flashdance.  She told me she hadn't.  I was perplexed.  "You NEVER saw that movie???"  This is when Bri told me she wasn't alive when that movie came out.  Okay.  I see.  Just as I was contemplating forgiving Bri, I mistakenly asked her if she ever saw the TV series "Party of Five" that aired in the 90's. Again Bri let me know that 1) she had never seen it and 2) she had never heard of it.  As I sat there with my mouth agape, Bri dropped the final blow. "Renee, the greatest age I ever attained in the 90's was '4' years of age."  Oh dear - I am NOT that old........
Something is definitely wrong with this timeline!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!