Thursday, July 21, 2022

Garden Eats

 Coming up with meals using the garden fresh picked veggies is one of my favorite things to do! My vegetarian tummy has been SO happy all week!
I started off this week's menu with Mr. Yesteryear Acres beautiful kale
I took fresh cilantro and made a lime cilantro vinaigrette. Next it was time to wash the kale.
Then I gave it a nice rough chop
Making a scrumptious kale salad topped with fresh peaches, blueberries, nuts, seeds, and dried chickpeas! OH MY GOODNESS! I want to live in that salad forever!
With just a little kale left, I sautéed it with some rice vinegar and aminos, and topped it over asian peanut noodles I made from scratch. And with that meal, the kale was happily demolished :) 
Another dinner featured roasted cherry tomatoes, caramelized onions, and zucchini over pasta. Mr. Yesteryear Acres really liked this one!
As a baker, I felt like I had spent too much time cooking and not enough time baking... There was only one thing to do! Make zucchini bread of course!
The first tiny loaf is already almost all the way gone... I am not saying it was me... but YUM!
You can't even tell that I substituted plain white flour for whole wheat flour ;) shhhh don't tell anyone!
With some zucchini still to cook, tonight's dinner featured zucchini "fries"
MMMM I love Veggies!!

Zucchini fries, beets, and quinoa topped with dried cranberries, candied pecans, and pumpkin seeds!

Although I am full beyond measure... I can't wait to see what we pick and cook next!!
Garden Eats = Happy Tummy!
If you have any tasty garden recipes, send them my way!!

Always,

Amelia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!