I don't know if it is from the barrage of storms, the bouncing of hot to cool temperatures, or what that has caused a booming of reptiles in our yard, but we are HOPPIN over here!
*SKIP this next paragraph if you are only interested in four-legged reptiles*
~First we have a garter snake that inhabits the left lower corner of the yard. They are very fond of the leafy piles that have been blown into the corner since the fall and made a perfect fluffy ground cover. Then we have a milk snake that dwells in the stone pile on the hill towards the back of the property. The milk snake is a little more recluse, but it has DEFINITELY gotten me a few times with "Where did this dog leash come from?? OH MY NOT A LEASH!!!" moments. I have AWESOME pictures of both snakes as we see them quite often, but then I realized many people (like my mother especially) have a deep seeded fear of snakes and so I deleted their pictures from here. SO for everyone who does like snakes... We have two really cool ones that I am teaching Hazel all about - We don't have to be afraid as long as we give space and respect. Also please don't stick your fingers anywhere you cannot see.~
I personally do not know anyone afraid of frogs or toads so here comes the fun part!
We have tiny toads
(I am guessing toads not frogs because of the bumps and lack of standing water anywhere on our property)!!
Like really tiny!
SUPER DUPER TINY
And they are EVERYWHERE!!
This guy needs a tiny leaf umbrella
And I imagine the coziest of toadstool cottages waiting for them to return to
I took so many TOADily cute pictures and a video for William <3
Welcome to the Always Amelia TOADily Reptilian Summer
Ribbit Ribbit CROAK (silent slither look awaaaay)
Always,
Amelia
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!