Sunday, August 30, 2026

End of an Era: Backpack Edition

Thatcher has been doing AMAZING with all his gross motor skills and with his new sets of shoes, there is just no stopping him now! We walk most nights through the woods to my Grandmother's house (their GG- said like 'Gigi' but spelled the cool way as she is the hippest lady I have EVER known and is Hazel Bea's namesake) to have a family sit down dinner all together. I have been walking Thatcher in the carrier backpack until the other night when my Dad said, "I bet he could walk all the way home!" and I thought... CAN he walk all the way home?????
And so after the steep entrance into the woods, I pulled Thatcher off my back, out of the backpack (honestly it was a risky choice because once you unpack a toddler, there is NO going back!!!)....
and set him on the path.
And ADVENTURE we DID!!! (And before you ask, YES with a rock pet for Hazel OBVIOUSLY)
My little family of three walked 
ALL 
The way 
~(With little toddling wandering wondering steps)~
~(Wait for us Hazel!!)~
Home!
Hazel found matching flowers for us all
and the kids still had energy to play with the doggies when we let them out for a potty break!
Best of all...
THEY ALL SLEPT SOUNDLY
THE END
I think I might just retire the backpack!
It's the end of an era *sniff sniff*
BUT the beautiful beginnings of the next <3
Always,
Amelia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!