With our bedtime routine somehow getting longer and longer, the Havanese have decided to join in on the fun of trying to get two monkey toddler butts to bed
Our night goes a little like this...
Alright! It's time to go upstairs and get ready for bed!
No one listens to me but the dogs
"I am always ready for cuddles in bed"
~See youngest toddler crawling into chewy box in background~
AT LEAST 10 minutes of "NAKEY KIIIIDS" running up and down the hallway with INTENSE giggling and tippy tap of Havanese paws following the padding of running toddler toes... I finally wrangle said toddler toes into the tub for a good scrubbing
Toes must be checked by our supervisors of course
Toes pass inspection- WHEW
Then I STRUGGLE to get "CLEAN NAKEY KIIIIDS" back into garments and into their respective rooms. Thatcher goes down first, darkness, bottle, and books I have memorized at least 12 times over by now and then to sleep. *PLEASE NOTE- All doggie collars must come off at this stage! DO NOT make the mistake of one doggie tag jingle or Thatcher WILL sit right back up and start giggling. This bout of giggles will end in tears...
Once Thatcher is asleep, I get to turn my full attention to Hazel which consists of 6752348763248923 questions of WHY she could have asked all day, getting in and out of bed to do XYZ all by herself all while Kipper is my portable therapy heating pad and awaits for story time part 2 to begin
"HAZEL BEAAAA. Kipper is ready for his story! Do you want to read it to him or shall I?"
Thankfully 'Kipper' is just SO tired that Mama should read the book and 'he' needs tucked into bed before we start.
MMMHMMM 'Kipper' is exhausted and falls to sleep 3 seconds after Mommy closes the door.
Finally we get downstairs NO SOONER than an hour and 20 minutes later and I get hit with this...
STREEEETCH
Aaaaahhh. Sooo when are we going to bed??
Always,
Amelia
P.S. Thank goodness for a lap full of happy Havanese!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!