Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Excuse Me.... WHAT?!?

 WHAT IN THE WHAT IS THIS WEATHER?!?!?!
I swear we have spent more time in the basement than ever this year! And maybe you all think that I just have incredible anxiety about storms.... CAN it still be called anxiety when everything keeps happening my brain is worried about?!?? What if there is a tornado - CHECK, what if everything floods- CHECK, what if all your trees fall down- CHECK CHECK and CHECK. Oh and to add to our chaos of fun... How about this one... What if your sister gets hit by lightning INSIDE the attached garage grabbing milk out of the extra fridge at our Grandma's house.... CHECK. That's right, new fear unlocked. My poor sister got struck by lightning INSIDE and had to go to the emergency room. It was such a strong zap that it dropped her to the ground and that says EVERYTHING you need to know about my retired Marine Corps sister. This girl goes through Tough Mudder races that have obstacles that shock you for FUN. In true Abigail fashion she still came upstairs with the gallons of milk and then put them on the floor and went "I think I was just hit by lightning". And then sat down next to the milk. My flabbergasted brain could NOT comprehend this AT ALL. "YOU WHAT??!?" I think this is the first time in a long time that I actually mini panicked because I in fact did NOT know what to do if you were zapped from inside the house by lightning. Is it the same as being outside?!?! For all future references... The answer is you go to the hospital. She was immediately checked in at the emergency room and they hooked her up to an EKG. She needed observation and blood work taken every hour. THANKFULLY her heart is okay and she was released several hours later. All her blood work shows that she was super electrocuted and that REALLY REALLYYYY HURT. I am just so grateful for how tough she is. I am grateful she didn't let my grandma grab the milk, I am grateful she didn't have William with her to get the milk or the other kids. I am grateful. I am grateful we get to go to bed tonight all okay. 
And please please please... If you have a concrete floor in a garage, it does NOT matter that it is "inside" the house. A wet UNGROUNDED floor is a wet ungrounded floor. ALWAYS wear shoes in an electrical storm and better yet, put rubber mats by your appliances. Your body will thank you. 
So forgive me if I seem storm antsy... We seem to be going through it here!
New Fear Unlocked...
Stay Safe Out (and IN) There!!
Always,
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!