Sunday, April 21, 2013

AND a movie???!!!!!

Last night around 7:30pm my son said, "Let's go for a walk!"  I didn't want to.  I had been up since 4:30am.  I had been on my feet all day long.  I had already exercised.  It was COLD outside.  My son insisted.  He said that I needed it.  He got out my hat and my gloves and my warm coat and then he did the unthinkable.  He said, "COME ON DOODLE DOGGIES! ................
WE ARE GOING FOR a W A L K!""
All the doggies got SO excited and ran to the door with their tails wagging.  Then my son said he would stand outside the door and wait for me.  He wasn't going to come back in.  UGH!  I wanted to go sit down.  I wanted to go do NOTHING for a few minutes.  But, of course, I put on my hat. I put on my gloves and out the door I went.

Best decision ever.  We had the best time.  The doggies had the best time.  We saw several deer, a flock of geese, 6 wood ducks, a Blue Heron, and a Baltimore Oriole.  We walked for over an hour.  We played the "what should we name the next Yesteryear Acres doodle puppy?" game.  He always comes up with names like "Diesel" or  "Freedom" or "Remington".  I have cute fluffy names like "Sugar" and "Puddles" and "Coconut".  We walked all the way to the top of the big hill and watched the sun set.  It bathed everything is a beautiful red hue.  In that moment, all was right with the world.  When we got back home, my son said we should watch a movie together and let me pick it out! It chose a ridiculous dumb chick flick and my son fell asleep within 15 minutes of it starting, but he was there.  With me.  Watching a movie. I sat there with my sleeping son and my heart was just overflowing with love. I could not be more blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!