Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Almost Finished

Mr. Yesteryear Acres and his dad share a common theme when it comes to home improvement projects. It is called the "Almost Finished" project.  They start a gigantic project and make excellent progress and the end is almost in sight when......they begin a new different project.  The original project is almost finished. Now, I could give you countless examples to prove my point but today's blog is not meant to pick on either my sweet Mr. Yesteryear Acres or his sweet dad.  The "Almost Finished" project is a fact that everyone in our family accepts.  Well everyone except Mr. Yesteryear Acres and Mr. Yesteryear Acres dad.  In their minds......they are going to finish that project tomorrow!!!!! Over Christmas break, my older daughter broke one of our kitchen drawers.  The entire face of the drawer came off and the remaining drawer was broken in several places.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres removed the contents of the broken drawer, placed them in a cardboard box, and took the pieces to the basement for repair. The cardboard box full of kitchen spices sits in my dining room mocking me daily as a reminder of the almost repaired kitchen drawer. Mr. Yesteryear Acres dad also has a broken kitchen drawer at his house.  I believe the drawer pieces are in his basement waiting for repair.  My kids have taken up a betting pool as to which drawer would be repaired first.  Well today.......Mr. Yesteryear Acres won.  That's right folks!    
I HAVE MY DRAWER BACK!
I am so happy to have my kitchen drawer repaired!  
I think I waited exactly 3 minutes before I asked Mr. Yesteryear Acres, "Is there anyway to finish the 'I just have to sand the shutters and then I can put them back in our bedroom windows' project"???
because
the shutters are ALMOST FINISHED!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!