Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Calligraphy in the Sky

Somehow "Take Car in for Service" got put on my to-do list.  If one were to research the historical data at Yesteryear Acres, it is clear, that this particular chore is not supposed to be on my to-do list.  This clearly falls under Mr. Yesteryear Acres chore list. Given the option of "Weld Tractor Blades" or "Take Car in for Service" - I chose the latter.  I begrudgingly left this morning to take the car to the service place and as I was driving down the highway, I saw a staggering amount of bird flocks.  I am talking hundreds of birds.  The birds were all coming together, and then separating back out and then weaving in and out.  I have never seen so many flocks of birds all at once.  At one point it looked like calligraphy in the sky. It reminded me of this Magic Paint app where you constantly draw designs while they slowly fade off the screen. It was simply beautiful.  I wish I could have taken a video or picture of the sky but I am fairly certain that stopping on the highway to take bird photos is not the best safety option.  Instead I mostly kept my eye on the road while I enjoyed the bird ballet in the sky as I drove down the highway.  It was a sight to treasure and definitely my reward for getting the car serviced all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!