Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Doodle Doggie Laundry

Every single day we do Doodle Doggie Laundry. Every. Single Day.  We always have wash to do.  Puppy blankets, puppy bedding, dog bed covers, doggie towels, etc.  Doodle Doggies and Doodle Puppies are the best dirty laundry makers ever.  This morning, I finally had time to put my very own laundry in the wash and 20 minutes later, the washing machine started beeping.  "WARNING".  We got some dreaded F02 WARNING on the machine which basically means, "Dear Humans, I do not feel like working any more.  Goodbye".  Did the washing machine break when it was full of puppy towels?  Of course not.  It broke when I had my favorite clothes in it!  Despair hit me immediately.  Within minutes, Mr. Yesteryear Acres was on the case. I started the chores and came back to check the progress.
The machine was in parts.  This did not look like a happy moment to me.
This looked like an even unhappier moment.  These are my favorite clothes. In a trash bag.  Soapy and oily and in one big pile of yuck. I felt the weight of the laundromat calling me for the next week or two.  I felt the stress of how to get all the wash done.  I felt the anxiety over having to schedule laundry runs into my already over-scheduled week.  I felt....... 
EXTREME HAPPINESS!  Mr. Yesteryear Acres went to an electrical supply store, bought various bearings and pump replacement parts, and then assembled a new water pump for the washer and installed it!  And voila!  The washing machine said, "Hello Friend! Let's get that Doggie Laundry Clean!" 
Mr. Yesteryear Acres, as always - my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!