Saturday, November 9, 2019

Thankful Blog Day 9- Two of Always Amelia's Favorite Things in One

If you know me, then you know I LOVE dogs and I love to sew! And this week I got to combine two of my favorite things into one! I was asked to make a puppy quilt for little Miss Mango!! I repeat... I GOT TO MAKE A QUILT FOR A PUPPY!! My first ever Yesteryear Acres Quilting and Embroidery commission!!! WOOHOO!! She wanted bright colors like a happy red, yellow, and blue, and something whimsical to go along with sweet Mango's happy go lucky attitude. With that, I was immediately inspired and set to work...
What says bright and happy more than this combination!?!
"Wow mom this looks great"
All paws on deck!! It is time to sew!
I wanted to add an extra personal touch, so I made sure I incorporated some "blank" space into the quilt 
She loves the color of Mango's puppy leash and collar from her Yesteryear Acres Favorite Things bag, so I found some thread to match...
And I embroidered Mango's name into her quilt :)
The top finished and ready to be quilted!
I even got to quilt it using our new longarm machine! Thank goodness I had some helping paws!
With some fun swirly looping stippling, Mango's quilt was perfectly whimsical!
With a pop of yellow for the binding, Mango's quilt was complete! Only one test remained...
M.A.N.G.O....
HEY THAT SPELLS MY NAME!!!
OH MY GOSH THIS IS FOR ME!?!
I love it so much!
Its PAWfect for snuggles!
Yesteryear Acres Quilting and Embroidery Presents: 
Mango's Whimsy
An Always Amelia Design
I am so proud of my very first puppy quilt!
Doodle Approved!
May all the doodle doggies have Tail Wagging Devotion wrapped in love!!
I am beyond thankful to have a job that I love so very much! 
Always,
Amelia














No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!