Friday, December 17, 2010

Silent Night

This morning our puppy sleigh was loaded with the precious puppy cargo and ready to go. My son ended up being able to go with me which was a wonderful change of plans. I now had a most awesome co-pilot for the day. We downloaded a book-on-tape that sounded like a winner, made a double batch of famous popcorn and hit the road. The puppies were the best travelers ever. I have delivered many puppies and they are usually .....um...let's say they are usually very good "singers". They like to "sing" along for most of the duration of the trip. I try different genres of music and no matter what type is playing, I usually have one or two vocal puppies that like to "entertain" me for the entire drive. Well this morning we started out with our book on tape and it must have been a fantastic story because the puppies didn't make a peep. Not one sound. It was Silent Night in our puppy mobile. The puppies eagerly listened to our story as if it were story time at the library. I couldn't believe it. Our first stop was about 2.5 hours from home and the puppies all waited until we stopped to pee. With everyone watered and our bathroom break complete, we were back on the road and once again the puppies were just as quiet and content as can be. We stopped every 2.5 hours to stretch our legs and let the puppies out and they acted as if they were experienced world travelers. They never complained and had their tails wagging the entire trip. Our book on tape was really good and my son and I arrived before we knew it. We still have a little bit of a story left and it is so good we are already looking forward to our drive home so we can find out what happens. It was so great to spend the whole day with my son. He usually works outside with his dad as they are the best of buddies but today was a mom and son day. They are very rare and I feel so lucky that he wanted to spend the day with me. We talked some, listened to our story some, sang some but most of all we smiled and enjoyed each other's company. Tonight we are having dinner together and then we are going to watch a movie. A whole night off with no work and just the two of us. It couldn't be more perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!