Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Love A Good Sale

Did you hear that? "Helllllloooooooooooooooo  I am your very friendly email about an awesome early bird sale that starts RIGHT NOW!" That is what I received this morning as soon as I opened my computer.  Did I plan on rushing out the door for an awesome early bird sale? Nope.  Did I have time to disregard my well planned work agenda for the day? Nope.  Did I stick to the work plan and buckle down and start crossing things off my list to do? NOPE!  Instead I rushed out the door, sales coupons in hand and headed to the big sale.  I called my mom on the way to the store and my mom had a full day planned and she didn't have time to shop but where there is a will, there is a way and she too was out the door in no time flat. It was so worth it!  We were well rewarded!!!  Everything that they had on sale in the "early bird, must get there RIGHT THIS SECOND, as there are only a limited number of things, that we are practically giving away, just to get you in the door".....were all there!!! I love that!  I was really disappointed on Black Friday and didn't get nearly the shopping done that I had hoped.  I just couldn't find a sale worthy of what I needed within my budget.  Today however was simply lovely!  Items (notice that I can only put the nondescript word "item" and I can't say what fabulous things I got because there are little eyes that might be reading my blog and we could never ever let little eyes figure out what awesome wonderful fabulous "items" I got today!) that were normally $65 were $15! On Black Friday it was buy one, get one 1/2 off which honestly always sounds better than it actually is.  25% off is not Black Friday worthy so I passed on a lot of things that were on the list. One "item" that was listed on the early early early Black Friday sale was again on sale today for $20 LESS than Black Friday.  My mom was particularly happy with that one because she really really wanted it but it was still a bit pricey.  With the $20 off the Black Friday price coupled with my fabulous $10 off coupon...Magic happened.  I got just the right "item" for Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  Just the right "item" for my younger daughter.  A start on some cool "items" for my older daughter. EXACTLY what I had been wanting for me AND most of the people on my list all done.  So now I am down to a few things and "items" for my son.  He is a hard one to shop for.  He is an all outdoorsy, loves dogs, loves hunting, loves hiking, active hardworking boy.  I can't just pick something up for him at the mall - it has to be related to dogs or outdoor type work as those are his favorite things. I have to go to a specialty type outdoor store for him.......or do I? Wait, wait, wait - Stop The Presses!!  Sometimes little eyes READ this blog! What I meant to say is that I need to go to a fancy CLOTHES store for him.  And get him socks!  And DRESS shirts!  And maybe even dress PANTS! Dear son, if you are reading this blog - I hope you are getting really excited.  Tomorrow I just might go TIE shopping for you.  I know how much you love wearing them.  I might even find dress shoes because I know how much you would rather wear a pair of dress shoes than your work boots. This Christmas will be the best one yet.  I can't wait to see your happy face when you open up all the packages of fancy clothes. It will be your dream come true.  Love, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!