Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Good day for Jam

What can be done on a hot summer day?  Work outside weeding the garden? Nope.  I wouldn't want to deprive my son of that particular joy. Put up more fencing around the garden to keep out some very persistent hungry visitors? Nope.  I wouldn't want to deprive Mr. Yesteryear Acres of that particular joy.  What can I do? What can I do.... inside?  Where it is air-conditioned.  Where there is ice cold water.  Where there are good tunes playing on the radio. Hmmm. I know!  It is a good day to make jam!  Yes!  Now I can look ultra busy.  I can even smear berries on my shirt and wipe my forehead with a bit of berry juice so I look ever so exhausted when Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son come in from working outside all day long.  Good plan right?!  I made a little over 12 pints of raspberry jam today so I am halfway there for the year's total! Yea!  Total jam for the summer so far is 20 pints of strawberry and 12 pints raspberry.  The blackberries are just starting to ripen so looks like that may be next. If I am really lucky, I might just have enough for a cobbler too!  Now all I have to do is to come up with another really clever project for tomorrow. Does laundry folding in the living room whilst watching a ridiculous TV show sound like exhausting work?  I think so!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, sounds like you had a litter of Jam... were the berries imported or Ohio bred, miniature or standard size? Watered and socialized? All allocated? Do you accept pay-pal?

    (just being silly - see you Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Yes - Ohio grown and watered and very socialized! It was a great litter of raspberries! LOL

      Delete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!