Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chauffeur

Mr. Yesteryear Acres license expired on his birthday so I have been his designated chauffeur.  Whenever we go anywhere together, Mr. Yesteryear Acres always drives.  He loves to drive and I absolutely I hate driving so our arrangement works well.  If I can get out of driving - I will. My son also loves to drive so I can get out of driving quite easily. When my son and I did our college tour trip - my son drove the entire time.  It made the week long trip so much nicer for me. Let me say, being the designated chauffeur for Mr. Yesteryear Acres is not a job I want full time.  In fact - today I chauffeured Mr. Yesteryear Acres right to the department of motor vehicles so he could renew his license. Mr. Yesteryear Acres is an expert driver.  He even holds certifications in some sort of defense driving higher level driver's courses.  I am not an expert driver.  Even though I am no expert, I get from point A to point B with no problem.  I  have driven through torrential downpours and I have driven through extreme blizzards - and still I make it to my destination with no problems.  Despite this, Mr. Yesteryear Acres likes to ask me whether I fixed the mirror, if I have my headlights on, if I have the car in 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive, did I see the car merging ahead, among many other questions.  Everyone who drives Mr. Yesteryear Acres gets the exact same treatment. You can imagine how much fun it is to be his chauffeur. Dear Mr. Yesteryear Acres, I am so glad you have your license. Now before you get in the car:
Did you check the emergency brake? How much gas do you have? Did you fix the mirrors?  Have you checked the tire pressure? Did you remember to look before you merged?
Love,
Your (now) retired chauffeur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!