Friday, December 27, 2013

Chef du Jour

Mr. Yesteryear Acres came up with a brilliant plan to aide us in the relaxing family time week plan.  He assigned each of the kids a day to be the Chef du Jour.  YES!  Excellent.  What does this mean for me?  For the next four nights.....NO cooking for me!  NO dishes for me!  I get time off! YAY!  Last night was my older daughter's turn.  She took the Chef du Jour title to heart and created a masterpiece for our dining pleasure.  A lovely cut of prime rib roast topped with fresh sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions all inside a homemade pastry crust.  Mmmmmm.  On the side, oven roasted Parmesan Asparagus spears and for dessert, mini lattice peach pie tarts.  All made from scratch of course.

My son said that we would all but forget about last night's meal because tonight was his turn.  He has done quite a fair share of cooking, but has never had the arduous task of feeding the entire hungry family. He decided to break out the grill and try to grab the Grill Master title from Mr. Yesteryear Acres. He did a fantastic job! He prepared Grilled Chicken and Grilled Pheasant AND he made barbecue chicken and barbecue pheasant.  For the first time manning the grill - he hit a home run.
We devoured the birds and his fresh garden salad was delicious too! My younger daughter is up next. She is already planning the menu and will be heading to the grocery store soon.  I cannot wait.  Dinner served to me by my loved ones? Yes please!  Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!