Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Missed It

As long as I can remember, I have been the champion of Black Friday sales. I have been a die hard, get up at O'Dark-Thirty, stand out in the brutal cold, armed with my sales flyer, ready for the doors to open, kind of super bargain seeker. I have been rewarded over the years with the most exceptional sales and was able to provide the most awesome Christmas presents without going over budget.  This year however.... ZILCH.  Nada.  Zero.  My family was all together for the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend and I didn't want to miss a single second with them. This coming March, my older daughter is most likely going to be deployed for a long deployment.  I want to spend any available time she has with her so I did not get up at O'Dark-Thirty and I did not stand in a single Black Friday line.  Black Friday came and went.  I was actually so busy with my family and puppy families and puppies going home that I didn't even get to open the sales flyers. That was definitely a first! I missed Cyber Monday too.  I guess my family will have to be satisfied with the gift of time and lots of homemade goodies of deliciousness.  My guess is that they will love that best.  Our Christmas celebrations are always filled with, "Maybe Christmas....doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps....means a little more!" Looks like a yummy Christmas is in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!