Thursday, December 26, 2013

Time to Slow Down

I have been running on full steam ahead mode for quite some time.  I can't remember the last time that I just sat down to relax.  Actually, just thinking about sitting down to relax makes me feel incredibly guilty and I immediately start thinking of all the things that need to be done. I am literally unable to just sit even if I really really really want to.  I just have to many things to do. We have been so busy here and as always, our "to-do list" is never done.  Today was another really busy day.  We have been cleaning up from the Christmas family celebration and trying to get some work done on some much needed projects.  Starting tomorrow though - I am taking some time off.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres is going to take some time off as well.  We are going to put aside some of our lists and simply enjoy some quality family time.  My older daughter will soon be deployed and next Christmas will find us missing her during the holidays.  We have this one week as the Yesteryear Acres "Party of Five" and we are going to sit back and enjoy every moment.  I think we deserve a little time to slow down, relax and let life unfold at a nice enjoyable pace.  No big plans.  No places to go.  No projects to finish.  Just doodle doggies and family time. Sounds like heaven to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!