Friday, November 13, 2015

November 13 Thankfulness - Shingles Free

I can check several important health items off of my to-do list today! Flu shot.....Check!  Annual check up.....Check! AND .......drum roll please........Shingles Vaccine.....CHECK!  I am so grateful to finally have been given the Shingles Vaccine.  My grandmother had a horrible case of Shingles.  My mother had a horrible case of Shingles.  I have had friends who have come down with Shingles.  The one thing I know is that I NEVER want to get Shingles!  For the past 5 years, I have asked for the vaccine.  The response is always the same, "You have to be at least 50 years old."  Each year I ask if it is possible to contract Shingles before the age of 50 and the answer is YES, but they still cannot administer the vaccine.  When I went to get my Shingles Vaccine, I was immediately informed that you have to be at least 50 years old.  I said, "I know!!!!!  Happy 50 to me!" Now I can cross worrying about coming down with a case of Shingles off my list.  Yay!  Much happiness for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!