Thursday, September 29, 2016

Celebrate Coffee

Today is National Coffee Day.......As if coffee needed a holiday in order to celebrate its awesomeness.  I am fairly certain if you flip to any single day in the calendar - that day would be coffee day!  I cannot start my day without a cup of coffee.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres always has a perfectly prepared cup of coffee waiting to greet me at the start of each and every day.
This morning I had my Naval Academy Mom coffee waiting for me.
Mr. Yesteryear Acres said my coffee was really sad this morning. It felt as if I were not celebrating National Coffee day to its fullest.  Something was missing.
Then Mr. Yesteryear indicated that Streusel Topped Pumpkin muffins are the perfect complement to his coffee. That certainly would feel celebratory.  
What else could I do?  I mean it IS Coffee Day!!!!!!
I have to admit that mufffins are not on my list of favorite foods.  I am happy to bake them, but I am not a big muffin fan.  So what could I have with my coffee?  What would go well with a nice cup of java? Bagels? Biscuits? Cookies?
OH I KNOW! 
Caramel Apples!
Okay. Okay.  I know caramel apples really don't go with coffee, but it IS a holiday and I might as well celebrate!
Happy Coffee Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!