Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy 2 Year Blog Anniversary

Today marks my 2 year anniversary of writing my daily blog. I have not missed a single day of writing about life here at Yesteryear Acres in all 3 years. I feel like I should adopt the Postal Service creed, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion ..." No matter what is going on here at Yesteryear Acres, I am committed to bringing you my daily updates. When I first started writing my blog, I thought I would just write about puppy things but that soon blossomed into writing about everything.  I mean how many days in a row do you really want to read that I cleaned puppy poop, I let dogs out, I cleaned puppy poop,  I let dogs in, and surprise.... I cleaned puppy poop? That would get quite monotonous!  So even though I still let dogs in, let dogs out and clean up lots of puppy poop each and every day - I have also taken time out of my day to write a little bit about me, my life and Yesteryear Acres.  Some days I have so many ideas swirling around in my head, I have to narrow them down and figure out just what I will blog about.  Most days I keep a running tab in my mind of all the things that were special about my day so I can write about it later.  Knowing you have to write a blog is great for conditioning yourself to be consciously grateful throughout the entire day. You want to share your happiness.  Don't get me wrong - there are days when I just stare at the little blinking cursor and have to think REALLY hard about what happened in my day that might be blog worthy because honestly the only thing that did happen in my day was...puppy poop!  Most of the time though - just knowing that I will be writing my blog - brings a myriad of ideas that I am grateful for and are fun to write about. The best thing about writing my blog every day is that I think people can get a real sense of who I am.  It is hard to look at a website and get a feeling of just who is behind the website, but by writing about my days, I feel it gives everyone a connection to me as a person as well as who we all are here at Yesteryear Acres. Everyone has to know by now that Mr. Yesteryear Acres is just the hardest working and most puppy/doggie loving person on the planet.  He lives for his family....both two-legged and four.  A doggie couldn't as for a better friend! I think another great thing about the blog is that you have to know - we are here - taking care of our puppies, thinking about our puppies, and thinking about all our puppy families and friends every day.  There is a lot of love here!!! Thanks for reading and thank you so much for your friendship and support!

1 comment:

  1. I have never followed blogs before & I'm hooked on yours!! Congrats on 3 years ... & I look forward to reading about the adventures & happenings at Yesteryear Acres in the years to come!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!