Sunday, March 18, 2012

Target "Tunnel"

I had to run to Target this evening to quickly pick up a few items for my son as he likes to grow taller overnight.  Each week I say something like, "you seem taller again" and then each week he tries to outgrow something. Target had a few men's clothing items on sale so I definitely had to go before the YOU ARE SO TALL clothes were all gone.  They never stock very many items for really tall men so whenever there is a sale, I try to get there that same day. My plan was simple.  Quick in. Quick out. My son and I were almost to the register to check out when we were ushered to the back of the store.  All the store personnel were herding shoppers to the tunnel.  I didn't know Target had a tunnel!  Our county was under a tornado warning so we were not allowed to check out and we were not allowed to leave.  We all headed back to the tunnel. We will be safe from the storm in the tunnel! My son was actually excited.  What does the tunnel look like?  Where is the tunnel?  Welllllllllllllll Target doesn't have a tunnel. It was the stockroom.  As in just a plain stockroom.  Why they called it "The Tunnel" I will never know.  We ended up back in the "tunnel" for over 30 minutes and waited until the tornado warning passed.  We finally checked out and walked outside to a light sprinkle of rain.  We took about 10 steps before the skies opened, hail fell down, thunder and lightning and torrential downpours hit us.  We made it to the car soaking wet to only find the tornado warning had expired but now we were under a severe thunderstorm warning.  No kidding!  We stayed in the "tunnel" during the NO tornado, NO rain, NO thunder, NO lightning part of the storm and then were released during the most torrential thunderstorm I have ever driven through!  The roads actually looked like rivers with currents and everything!  We made it home safe and sound and as soon as we walked in the door, I said - well at least I know what to write for my blog tonight!  And so I did.  Stay Dry!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!